Megan is an associate in the state tax group. Megan specializes in multistate tax litigation matters, with a focus on Pennsylvania and North Carolina. Prior to joining Reed Smith, Megan worked as a Tax Consultant in PwC’s State and Local Tax Group in Philadelphia, where she worked on tax planning, controversy, and transactional matters for public, private, and non-profit companies. Megan also has significant experience with tax return preparation and compliance in both state income tax and indirect tax.
- Villanova University School of Law, 2016, LL.M.
- Villanova University School of Law, 2014, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, Villanova Law Review, Online Editor
- Pennsylvania State University, 2011, B.S., Finance, Schreyer Honors College
- 28 February 2020 “NC Justices Affirm Graybar’s Dividend Income Not Deductible” Law 360
- 16 August 2019 “Georgia Issues Guidance for Nonresident Trusts After Kaestner” Tax Notes
- 24 June 2019 “SCOTUS rules states need a stronger connection to tax a trust” Accounting Today
- 24 June 2019 “Supreme Court Finds North Carolina Can’t Tax Trust Income” Tax Notes
- 28 January 2019 “Post-Wayfair Due Process Nexus Questions Reach Supreme Court” Tax Notes
- 18 January 2019 “Justices’ Cert Grant In Trust Case Could Broaden Tax Nexus” Law360
- 15 January 2019 “Supreme Court agrees to hear major estate case” Accounting Today