Peter is a member of the Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of Financial Services. His clients consist of a mix of large, mid-size and small banks, savings and loan companies, equipment leasing companies, mortgage companies, and private real estate and commercial financing entities. He generally represents creditors and equipment lessors in the documentation of complex credit transactions and in the restructuring and enforcement of such transactions, both inside and outside of the bankruptcy courts. On occasion, he has represented guarantors or borrowers in such transactions. He focuses on all forms of commercial and real estate finance transactions, asset-based loans, intellectual property financing and agricultural lending.
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1975, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, 1970, M.A., Ancient History
- University of California, Berkeley, 1968, B.A., Ancient History, cum laude
- American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers: Member, 2003 to Present; Board of Regents, 2006 to Present
- California Bankers Association: Member, Legal Affairs Committee, 2002-present; Chair 2006 Bank Counsel Seminar
- American Bar Association: Member, Commercial Financial Services Committee 1996 - present; Co-Chair, Subcommittee on Intellectual Property Financing, Commercial Financial Services Committee of Business Law Section 1998-2002
- California Bar Association: Member, Sub-Committee on Legal Opinions, Business Law Section 2002-present; Member, UCC Committee, Business Law Section, 2000-2004; Member, Financial Institutions Committee, Business Law Section, 1997-2000; Member, Debtor-Creditor Relations and Bankruptcy Committee, Business Law Section, 1994-1996; Member, Executive Committee of the Business Law, 1991-1994; Member, Debtor-Creditor Relations and Bankruptcy Committee, Business Law Section, 1988-1991, 1984-1986; Member, Ad Hoc Committee to Review the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act, Business Law Section, 1985-1986
- Hispanic National Bar Association: Member; Steering Committee for HNBA Annual Convention 2006
- San Jose Bank Attorneys Association: Chair, 1991-1992
Awards & Recognition
- California Bankers Association, Robert Fandzel Award for substantial contribution by an outside attorney to the California Banking industry (2012)
- Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition, Banking (2009 - 2016)