As the Chief of Legal Operations for Reed Smith, Jack is responsible for the operational efficiency, revenue growth and profit improvement of the firm’s Industry and Practice groups. His remit includes project pricing, hiring and evaluation of talent, business conflict resolution, revenue budgeting and financial performance, strategic planning and expense management within practices. Jack leads a team of professional practice coordinators and business managers who support the Department Chairs and Group Leaders on a day-to-day basis. Jack is also responsible for direction of the firm’s award-winning captive Alternative Legal Services Provider, Gravity Stack. In addition, he oversees the firm’s significant contingency litigation portfolio.
- University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1983, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Management, 1980, B.S.
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Central District of California
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of California