Kathy is a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Health Industry Group, practicing in the area of product liability litigation. Her practice focuses on defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort and multi-district litigations. Kathy is also an active participant in the Lawyers Serving Warriors pro bono program.
Prior to joining Reed Smith, Kathy served as a Prosecutor for several years. At the Prosecutor’s Office, Kathy tried numerous bench and jury trials involving homicides, sexual assaults, and weapons offenses, among others. She has extensive experience arguing motions before the court and receiving favorable outcomes. Prior to the Prosecutor’s Office, Kathy was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Wendel E. Daniels, Presiding Judge of the Criminal Part in Ocean County, Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey School of Law, Newark, 2012, J.D., American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Scholar, Pro Bono Service Award
- Florida International University, 2009, B.A., Psychology, Certificate in Law, Ethics, and Society
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court Committee on Jury Selection in Civil and Criminal Trials (2018-2020 term)
- Caribbean Baseball Academy, Board of Directors
- Rutgers Alumnae Women’s Professional Network, Secretary
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, Acting Treasurer
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member