Jim focuses his practice on commodity marketing and trading activities in wholesale and retail energy markets. His experience includes analyzing and reviewing standardized master agreements commonly used in the energy industry, including the ISDA, EEI, and NAESB and their various annexes. He advises on credit structures used to mitigate risks inherent in trading contracts and the use of financial derivatives to mitigate credit and commercial risks. His experience in the energy space includes negotiating various liquids-related transactions, including transportation agreements, exchange agreements, and storage agreements.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., Executive Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- University of Kansas, B.S., Business Finance, with distinction
- Board Member, Houston Journal of International Law Advisory Board
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member, International Energy Credit Association