Andrea is a Partner in the Financial Industry Group, primarily practicing in the areas of Litigation, Commercial Restructuring & Bankruptcy as well as Derivatives & Structured Products, and is an adjunct member of the firm’s Energy and Natural Resources Group.
- New York University School of Law, 1991, J.D., Root Tilden Snow Scholar
- Yale College, 1987, magna cum laude, Honors in American Studies
- New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- 100 Women in Finance, Member
- International Energy Credit Association, Co Chair Contracts and Legal Education Group Education and Events Committee; Co-Chair Contracts and Legal Education Group Bankruptcy Focus Group.
- FIT Alumni Association, Board Member
The following articles or televised interviews quote or mention Andrea and provide a perspective on the nature and scope of Andrea's practice and professional activities.
- 28 October 2016 "Bunker Suppliers Might Not Have a Lien, But That Doesn't Necessarily Mean They're Not Entitled to be Paid," Ship & Bunker
- 22 February 2016 "Energy Companies Need to Learn Bankruptcy Warning Signs" BNA's Bankruptcy Law Reporter
- 29 November 2013 "Reed Smith And Clifford Chance Among Firms Advising On £662m Eurosail Restructuring" The Lawyer
- 7 October 2009 "Shadow Play: How Credit Default Swaps Are Affecting Restructurings" The Deal Pipeline
- 23 July 2008 "New Reed Smith Group Responds to Market Crisis" Financial Services Law 360
- 14 July 2008 "U.S. Economy's Next Bad Thing: Alex Ritson Investigates Whether The Practice Of Credit Default Swaps Leaves The US Economy Exposed To Further Problems" BBC Newsnight
- 11 July 2008 "Opinions Diverge On Who Calls Valuation Shots When Liquidity Is Scarce" HedgeWorld Daily News
- 2 July 2008 "UBS In Spat With Hedge Fund Over CDO" Financial Times
- 17 March 2008 "Credit Default Swaps: The Next Financial Crisis?" Time Magazine