Tom is a senior associate in the firm's Complex Litigation Group. A former clerk on the United States Court of Appeals, Tom’s practice is diverse, but focuses on handling civil litigation for clients at both the trial-court and appellate-court levels. Tom has first-chair jury trial experience, and he has tried cases to verdict in Pennsylvania’s federal and state courts.He has experience litigating matters involving commercial breach of contract, fraud, and other tort claims for a variety of the firm's clients, including those in the aerospace and defense industries, as well as manufacturing, procurement, energy, financial, newspaper and media, and non-profit sectors. He has handled civil appellate matters in state and federal courts, including multiple matters in the United States Supreme Court, as well as in three U.S. Courts of Appeals, the Pennsylvania Superior Court, and the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court.Tom’s experience includes serving as counsel for both defendants and plaintiffs.
- United States Marine Corps - Captain (Active Duty, 2000-2005; Reserve, 2005-2010)
- Tom is a former Aviation Maintenance Officer (MOS 6002) and certified aircraft weight and balance technician. His experience includes two six-month deployments managing aircraft maintenance for Marine Heavy Helicopter Squadron 362 ("The Ugly Angels") and the squadron's fleet of Sikorsky CH-53D Sea Stallion helicopters.
- Tom also previously served as Assistant Avionics Officer for Marine Aviation Logistics Squadron 24, where he gained experience working with components for the Sikorsky SH-60 Seahawk, Sikorsky H-3 Sea King, and Lockheed P-3 Orion, as well as the CH-53D.
- Tom's awards include the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, and Naval Aircrew Wings.
- Honorable T.S. Ellis, III, United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, 2008, J.D., cum laude, Notre Dame Journal of Legislation – Editor in Chief; Notre Dame Appellate Moot Court Team – Board Member
- Princeton University, 2000, A.B., Architecture, summa cum laude
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Supreme Court
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Michigan
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Captain, Fox Chapel (PA) Volunteer Fire Department; recipient of Fox Chapel’s “Firefighter of the Year” award
- Member, Parish/Pastoral Council, St. Scholastica Catholic Church, Aspinwall, PA