Tom is an experienced corporate partner who advises emerging and established companies. He has organized numerous businesses and joint ventures in many jurisdictions and has advised Boards and management on corporate governance and shareholder rights. Tom has acted as outside general counsel for many private companies. He is very experienced in mergers and acquisitions as well as intellectual property and data licensing and development transactions involving finance, technology, healthcare and life science companies. Tom is also qualified as a CIPP/US (Certified Information Privacy Professional/US) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, 1985, J.D.
- Santa Clara University, 1974, B.S.
- Editorial Advisory Board of the BNA Life Science Law & Industry Report
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- American Health Lawyers Association, Chair Life Sciences Practice Group 2012-2014, Vice Chair 2008-2012
- American Bar Association
- Board of Directors of Junior Achievement of Northern California, pro bono General Counsel