Barry is a member of the Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of Financial Services Litigation. He has been recognized by Crain's Chicago Business as one of Chicago's "most successful litigators" having specialized in complex financial litigation and investigations for over 30 years.
- Harvard Law School, 1977, J.D.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1974, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa; The Bronze Tablet; Charles Merriam Scholar
- Selected as an Illinois Super Lawyer, Corporate Counsel Edition, 2008 & 2009
- “Profiled” in Crain’s Chicago Business as one of Chicago’s “most successful litigators”
- Selected for the 2006-2007 Edition of Who’s Who in the World
- Selected for the 2005-2006 edition of Who's Who in American Law
- Selected for the National Registers In Executives and Professionals Who's Who
- Selected as an Illinois Super Lawyer in the category of “Business Litigation” by Chicago magazine in 2005-2017
- Selected as a “Leading Lawyer of Illinois” in the field of Commercial Litigation by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company