Kirsten is a trial lawyer focusing on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation. She has served as lead counsel in numerous trademark, trade secret and patent infringement lawsuits in jurisdictions throughout the United States involving computer software and hardware, business methods, wireless technology, materials science and chemical products, and medical device technology. Kirsten has successfully handled numerous Markman hearings before District Court judges and court-appointed Special Masters. Further she has litigated disputes related to copyright matters, as well as software licenses and manufacturing agreements. Kirsten has represented Accuray Incorporated, Safeway, Kroger, Bayer/Medrad, Nintendo, 3M, Saint-Gobain, PNC and TeleTracking Technologies in intellectual property litigation matters.
- Named as one of the Lawyers of the Year 2017 in the area of Litigation - Intellectual Property.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (2013-2016) and currently included in the areas of Copyright Law, Litigation–Intellectual Property, Litigation-Patent, Patent Law, Trademark Law; also named a Pittsburgh "Lawyer of the Year" in the areas of Litigation-Patent Law (2016) and Copyright Law (2014)
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (2014-2016); also listed in Super Lawyers Business Edition in the area of Intellectual Property Litigation
Listed in International Asset Management "The World’s Leading Patent Litigators/IAM Patent 1000" (2016)
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1995, J.D., cum laude, Lead Topics Editor of the Law Review
- Duke University, 1987, A.B., Chemistry and Economics
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- State Supreme Court - Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association – Elected Member of Judiciary Committee; Council Member and Vice Chair for Federal Court Section
- The Q. Todd Dickinson IP American Inn of Court – Founding Member and Current President
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania – Member of Local Patent Rules Committee
- Mt. Lebanon Community Endowment – Board Member