Eric is a member of the Financial Industry Group, practicing in the area of Commercial Restructuring & Bankruptcy. He has represented secured and unsecured creditors in major bankruptcy cases and non-judicial restructurings involving manufacturing enterprises, hospitals, retailers, utilities, municipalities, airlines, real estate projects, and other businesses. In addition to representing the Creditors' Committees of USGen New England and LTV Steel, and representing PTC Alliance as debtor's counsel, Eric has had a significant role in restructuring obligations of the West Penn Allegheny Health System and Branson Airport; in the bankruptcy cases of Lehman Brothers, Jefferson County, VeraSun, Weirton Steel, Solutia, Property Development Group, Pittsburgh Hockey Associates, USAirways, Anker Coal, Campo Electronics, Revco D.S., Inc., East Cameron Gas, Forum Health, Anchorage Sportsplex, and McCrory Parent Company; in the procedure de sauvegarde of Global Automotive Logistics; in the receivership cases of August Wilson Center, St. Francis Health System, Devon Capital Management, The Harrisburg Authority, and Total Waste Ltd.; in sovereign debt litigation with the Republic of Argentina; and in the proceedings relating to debt issues by agencies of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. He also has appeared as an expert witness on corporate trust issues in the Regional Court in Warsaw, Poland.
- Fellow, American College of Bankruptcy
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2005-2016)
- Included in Chambers USA as one of America's leading bankruptcy/restructuring lawyers (since 2004)
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (since 2004); also included in Super Lawyers Business Edition in the area of Bankruptcy/Business
- Listed in Who's Who Legal USA in the area of Insolvency & Restructuring