Stephan's practice is focused on litigation and dispute resolution in the energy industry. He is licensed to practice law in Texas and Oklahoma and practices in both federal and state courts across the country. Stephan has successfully represented individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies in jury trials, bench trials, administrative proceedings, arbitrations, and mediations. He has also handled matters before various Texas Courts of Appeals and the Texas Supreme Court.
- 5 June 2015 "The 4 Biggest Energy Cases Of 2015 So Far" Law360
- 30 October 2015 "3 No-Nos When Dealing With a Judge" Law360
- South Texas College of Law, 2006, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, 2003, B.S.
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- The Institute for Energy Law, Young Energy Professionals, Advisory Board
- Texas Oil & Gas Association, Member
- State Bar of Texas – Member, Oil, Gas & Energy Resources Law Section
- State Bar of Oklahoma – Member, Energy and Natural Resources Law Section
- Houston Bar Association
- Law Preview, Lecturer