Mike practices exclusively in state and local tax and has a strong focus on California tax controversy. He handles matters at administrative audit and appeal levels and judicial proceedings on matters involving corporate and personal income tax, tax on trusts, sales and use tax, property tax, payroll tax, local business license taxes, and other taxes administered by state and local governments. Mike also provides general tax advice on return positions, reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, and other transactions.
- Loyola Law School, 2007, J.D.
- New York University School of Law, 2009, LL.M., Taxation
- University of Southern California, 2003, B.S., Los Angeles, Electrical Engineering
- New York
- Named Southern California Rising Star by Thomson Reuters (2017)
- Named Top Tax Attorney Under 40 by Law360 (2015)
- Reed Smith's Pro Bono Honor Roll (2014)
- Reed Smith's Southern California Pro Bono Honor Roll (2014)
- Geoffrey W. Goff Award (top tax law student, Loyola Law School) (2007)
- 7 March 2019 “California Tax Appeals Office—Without the Politics—Winning Fans” Bloomberg BNA
- 14 March 2018, Quoted, Marketplace (NPR news show) on the topic of taxation of out-of-state retailers
- 16 June 2017 "Gutting of California Tax Board Leaves Taxpayers Hanging" Law360