Alan is a member of Reed Smith's Records and E-Discovery Group, and joined the firm in 2014 after gaining years of experience as an e-discovery project attorney and team leader with several document review firms. Alan has over twenty years of litigation experience including complex commercial, securities fraud, employment, appellate, municipal liability, civil rights, insurance, bodily injury and general litigation matters. Alan has practiced law in Pittsburgh since 2000. Prior to moving to Pittsburgh, Alan practiced law in Texas in Houston, Corpus Christi and the Permian Basin.
- University of Houston Law Center, 1992, J.D.
- University of Pennsylvania, 1989, B.A., History
- Texas (inactive status)
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni – Chapter President (2006-2009)
- University of Pennsylvania Global Alumni Network – Member of the Advisory Board to the President of the Western Pennsylvania Chapter (2009-present)