Christian is a litigation partner based in Reed Smith’s Munich and Frankfurt offices.
In his role as a litigator, he represents corporations and private clients in national and international disputes in state courts, in arbitration proceedings (ad hoc and institutional arbitration) and at the European Court of Justice, in particular in the fields of professional and product liability, insurance coverage, transport and logistics, commercial and post-M&A disputes and insolvency matters. Because of his strong international focus, he is not only admitted as a German "Rechtsanwalt" but also as Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales.
- Germany, 1996, Second State Exam (Bar exam equivalent)
- University of Munich, Germany, 1994, First State Exam (J.D. equivalent)
- University of Munich, Germany, 1989, Study of Law
- England and Wales
- All German Higher Regional Courts
- All German Local and District Courts
- German Federal Supreme Court in criminal matters
- Munich Bar Association
- Member of Deutscher Anwaltverein
- Deutsche Institution für Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit
- Chair for Germany and Publications Chair in DRI International
- Member of the board of Kind und Werk e.V., a charitable organization active in the creative education of children
- Christian has been recognized as one of Germany’s Best Lawyers for Product Liability Litigation following a review by Handelsblatt and Best Lawyers® 2019.