Barry has more than 23 years' experience of handling matters in the international trade, shipping, offshore energy, construction and insurance sectors. He has been based in the Far East since 1999 and previously worked in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and Sydney. He was a founding partner of Reed Smith’s Singapore office when it was established in 2012, and became the Office Managing Partner in 2016.
Barry’s practice covers both disputes and advisory work and he has been recognised by the major legal directories for his work in the shipping, commodities, offshore energy sectors and also for his work in international arbitration.
- College of Law, London, 1994
- Queen Mary, University of London, 1993, LL.M., International Trade Law, The Clive Schmitthoff Prize for International Trade Law
- University of Keele, 1991, B.A.
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong SAR
- New South Wales, Australia
- Western Australia
- Fellowship of the Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- High Court - Australia
- Member of the London Maritime Arbitrators Association (LMAA)
- Member of the Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA)
- Asia Pacific Legal 500 – Leading Individual for Shipping / Commodities, Singapore
- Chambers Asia Pacific - Tier 1 in Shipping / Commodities, Singapore
- International Law Office Client Choice Award 2010