Matt has been with Reed Smith since 2004 and is a senior associate in the Commercial Disputes Group in London. Matt has broad litigation experience, but with particular strength in financial services disputes. He was seconded for ten months to Bank of America Merrill Lynch and for nine months to CMC Markets. In addition to financial services and fraud, Matt has significant experience in general commercial disputes, regulatory matters and claims in negligence. He has also acted on disputes relating to commodities and international trade, insurance and professional indemnity. As well as High Court litigation, Matt has helped to resolve clients' disputes through arbitration, mediation and adjudication. He has written a number of articles on the Bribery Act, including on its application to the financial services industry.
- College of Law, London, 2007, Higher Rights of Audience Academic and Advocacy Course
- College of Law, London, 2004, LPC, (Commendation)
- College of Law, London, 2003, PgDL
- University of Southern California, 1997, M.A., History, (Hons)
- University of Oxford, 1993, B.A., Modern History, (Hons)
- Solicitor Advocate (All Higher Courts)