Peter’s practice is focused on representing employers in all areas of labor and employment law counseling and litigation. Peter has extensive experience representing companies before administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor, and in lawsuits in state and federal courts across the country. Peter regularly handles lawsuits involving claims of all types of discrimination, unlawful harassment, and retaliation. Peter has obtained summary judgment for employers in numerous cases involving discrimination laws, and has successfully obtained decisions affirming those dismissals from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, including a controversial age discrimination case (Moss v. BMC Software, 610 F.3d 917 (5th Cir. 2010)) that was featured on the cover of Texas Lawyer newspaper.
- Recognized by Super Lawyers in Texas Monthly magazine as a “Rising Star” in Employment & Labor, 2010-2011, 2013-2017
- 2 May 2015 "Florida, NY Top List Of Busiest Courts For FLSA Suits" Law 360
- 11 March 2015 "Must a Company Reveal Trade Secrets to Prove Trade Secret Theft" Executive Risk Network
- 9 March 2015 "Trade Secret Suits Can Lead to Spilling Trade Secrets" Corporate Counsel
- University of Houston, 2006, J.D.
- University of Notre Dame, 2003, B.B.A., Marketing
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fifth Circuit
- Texas State Court
- Texas Bar Foundation - Fellow