Bruce is a member of the firm’s Information Technology, Privacy & Data Security Group. Reed Smith was named a "Leading Cybersecurity Law Firm" by BTI Consulting in 2017 and "Data Protection and Privacy: 2015 Firm of the Year" by The Legal 500 United States. Bruce primarily concentrates his practice on the defense of class-action claims brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and other federal and state privacy and consumer protection statutes. Bruce represents credit bureaus, employment screening companies, financial institutions, and other furnishers of sensitive consumer information, including credit data, criminal records, and other public record information.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2012, J.D., magna cum laude, Academic Merit Scholarship; CALI Awards for Academic Excellence in Legal Writing I and II and Advocacy; Editor-in-Chief, Loyola University Chicago Law Journal (2011-2012); Assistant News Editor, Loyola Public Interest Law Reporter (2010-2011); Academic Tutor; Property and Contracts (2010-2011).
- Calvin College, 2009, B.A., Political Science and Business/ Communications, Editor/Staff Writer, Chimes (2005-2009); Student Assistant/Radio Broadcaster, Calvin Sports Information Office (2006-2009); Staff Writer, Knightfile (2006-2009); Television Host, Beyond the Game (2009); Calvin Media Scholarship, Calvin Honors Scholarship; Renner Associate SID Award (2009), Michigan Press Association Award – Sports Feature (2009), and Hartman Writing Award (2008).
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Ninth Circuit