Sarah is the co-chair of the Securities Litigation and Enforcement Group. She regularly represents public companies and their officers and directors in SEC and other federal and state securities regulatory investigations and enforcement proceedings. Her areas of expertise include the anti-fraud provisions of the securities statutes, including insider trading matters, as well as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. She counsels clients on policies and procedures designed to protect sensitive information as well as on issues ranging from compliance with various laws and regulations to disclosure obligations to government regulators in the event of a data breach.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, 1978, J.D., Member, Board of Editors of the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology
- Northwestern University, 1974, B.S., with highest distinction
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- Named one of “America’s Top 50 Women Litigators” by The National Law Journal (17 December 2001)
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Business Litigation (2001-2016)
- Selected as Illinois Super Lawyer in Securities Litigation by Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition magazine (2007-2016)