Xiaoyan is a counsel in our IP, Tech & Data Group’s San Francisco Office.
Xiaoyan has over 15 years of combined legal and high tech industrial experience. She advises clients on IP and cybersecurity and privacy related issues in complex technology and outsourcing transactions involving e-commerce, licensing, and emerging technologies such as cloud, AI, and block chain. In her early legal career, Xiaoyan litigated patent cases in the U.S. involving software and electronics, and advised clients on IP issues in technology transactions. Recently, Xiaoyan advises clients extensively on privacy and cybersecurity issues in Asia, in particular, China’s new Cybersecurity Law, as well as cross-border technology transactions with China. Prior to joining Reed Smith, Xiaoyan was with several international law firms in New York City, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015-2017)
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, Georgetown International Environmental Law Review
- University of Tennessee, M.S., Computer Science, Phi Kappa Phi
- East China University of Science and Technology, B.E., magna cum laude
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- California (admission pending)
- Cofounder & Director, Chinese Business Lawyers Association
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Mandarin Chinese