John represents privately-held issuers, investors, acquirers and target companies in domestic and cross-border transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, emerging growth and venture capital financings and private equity transactions. He also regularly advises clients in connection with the sale and acquisition of significant recorded music and music publishing catalogs.
John’s clients value his commercial-minded approach to problem solving and building consensus which he honed in prior business roles, including as the president and general manager of a professional sports team. His practice also includes general corporate and strategic counseling in a variety of sectors and jurisdictions, including with regard to customized shareholder, operating and joint venture agreements, as well as sponsorship and other commercial arrangements.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 2009, J.D., magna cum laude, Law Review; CALI Award; Order of the Coif
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Business, 2009, MBA, Finance, Beta Gamma Sigma
- University of Pittsburgh, 2003, B.S., Finance, Omicron Delta Kappa
- Nueva York
- University of Pittsburgh Business Alumni Association – Board of Directors; President; Past President; Emeritus Member
- University of Pittsburgh College of Business Administration – Alumni Advisory Board; Past President; Emeritus Member