Liza is a member of Reed Smith’s Global Regulatory Enforcement Group, where she focuses on government contracting. She counsels her clients on all aspects of the procurement process, including the proposal preparation and submission process, the resolution of disputes related to awards, administration, and termination of government contracts, and on matters related to contract compliance. Liza provides creative, knowledgeable, and practical advice designed to successfully advance and achieve client objectives.
Liza has significant experience advising on complex, high-dollar-value weapon systems competitive procurements, on highly technical IT procurements, and on procurements (both large and small) of supplies and services. This experience includes substantial bid protest work before the Government Accountability Office. She also has experience advising on non-traditional procurement instruments such as Other Transaction Authority agreements. Liza has focused extensively on matters involving statutory and regulatory compliance with the Competition in Contracting Act, the Procurement Integrity Act, and the Trade Secrets Act. She has also provided advice regarding cybersecurity compliance, IT certification and accreditation, and technical data rights.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D.
- Brown University, B.A.
- Distrito de Columbia
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals - Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- American Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Honorable James E. Baker, U.S. Court of Military Appeals - Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Department of the Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award, Chief of Naval Operations, 2019