Paola is a former federal prosecutor who focuses her practice on advising domestic and international corporations on complex white-collar criminal and regulatory enforcement cases, government investigations, internal investigations, and related litigation. Paola specializes in antitrust, fraud, and market manipulation investigations.
Prior to joining Reed Smith, Paola was a trial attorney in the New York Office of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) Antitrust Division for four years. Paola joined the DOJ through the Attorney General's Honors Program in 2017. During her time at the DOJ, she investigated and prosecuted both domestic and international companies for Title 15 and Title 18 crimes including price-fixing, bid-rigging, market allocation, wire fraud, mail fraud, and honest services fraud. Paola is experienced in investigating conduct that occurred overseas and the jurisdictional issues these cases present, including the Foreign Trade Antitrust Improvements Act (FTAIA). Paola also brings experience in government investigations involving coordination with foreign law enforcement, evidence obtained abroad, mutual legal assistance treaties (MLATs), search warrants, and subpoenas issued to companies operating in multiple jurisdictions.
- American University, Washington College of Law, 2017, J.D.
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas, 2017, LL.M., International and European Business Law
- University of Maryland, College Park, 2013, B.A., Philosophy, U.S. Latino/a Studies Minor
- Nueva York
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of New York
- All State Courts - New York
- Member, Hispanic National Bar Association
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Member, American Bar Association – Antitrust Law Section
- Member, New York State Bar Association – Antitrust Law Section
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc. (Upsilon Chapter)