Jonathan is an international lawyer with broad experience in cross-border transactions in emerging markets. He is qualified to practice law in the United States and as a solicitor in the United Kingdom. For more than 25 years, Jonathan has represented some of the world’s leading investors making cross border investments in the Middle East, Africa, Latin America, Asia, Russia and Central Asia. He has been featured in the Chambers Guides to the World’s Leading Lawyers, The International Who’s Who of Oil & Gas Lawyers, The Euromoney Guide to the World’s Leading Energy and Natural Resources Lawyers and The Euromoney Guide to the World’s Leading Project Finance Lawyers. Jonathan has served as managing partner of Beijing, Moscow and Almaty offices and as the Head of Emerging Market Energy Strategies and Co-Head of International Trade at predecessor law firms.
- Harvard Law School, 1984, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1981, B.A.
- District of Columbia
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
- Recognized by Congressman John Lewis in the April 10, 1992, issue of Congressional Record for exceptional pro bono legal counsel on issues relating to the enforceability of rights under the Older Americans Act and the Civil Rights Act.
- Recipient of the Mark DeWolfe Howe Fellowship, Harvard Law School.