Jenni is a partner in Reed Smith’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group where she advises clients on design, compliance, and operation of qualified retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and nonqualified plans. She has particular expertise representing public employee retirement systems and government employers on tax and fiduciary matters, and is widely regarded for her work as tax and fiduciary counsel to public pension plans across the country. Jenni also has significant experience with IRS and DOL voluntary compliance programs, and with ERISA fiduciary rules and best practices. She regularly advises clients on executive compensation arrangements, including guidance under IRS Code sections 409A, 457, and 280G, and assists clients with benefits and compensation issues in corporate transactions.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, 1999, J.D., UC Davis Law Review
- Emory University, 1995, B.A.
- National Association of Public Pension Attorneys
- Assistant vice chair, Subcommittee on Exempt Organizations and Government Plans, Employee Benefits Committee, Tax Section, American Bar Association
- Former board member, Western Pension & Benefits Conference