Kyri is a partner based in Reed Smith's London office. He serves as Vice Chair of the firm's Business & Finance Department. He also serves as a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Kyri has 25 years of experience as a specialist disputes and commercial lawyer to clients in the energy and natural resources sector. Over the years Kyri’s practice has grown and evolved to meet the changing needs of global multinational clients in the energy and natural resources sector. As a lawyer he has received accolades from his clients and his peers including by the independent legal directories as follows:
- He is ranked as an Eminent Practitioner by Chambers UK 2017
- Chambers UK 2017 comments that "he has built a tremendous team" and is "always keen to assist, approachable and a pleasure to deal with."
- Shortlisted as the Legal Week Intelligence Client Partner of the Year 2016
- Recognised by the 2017 UK Best Lawyers List for commodities
- Legal 500 2016 comments that he “is ‘a superb team leader and a hardy fighter’.”
- Chambers UK 2016 comments that “He enjoys a strong reputation among his peers for his presence in the commodities world.”
- Legal 500 2015 says that the “team, under Kyri Evagora, is ‘consistently outstanding, top of the class’, with clients noting its ‘very broad strength and depth, and unparalleled quality’.”
- Chambers UK 2015 states that “Sources are quick to highlight him as a ‘big name in commodities,’ whose know-how has been instrumental in developing the practice.”
- Legal 500 2014 comments that "Kyri Evagora has 'a depth of product knowledge few can replicate'."
- Chambers & Partners 2014 states that he “is regarded as an excellent head of practice and is dedicated to client service. One impressed client notes. ‘He is superb; he really knows his stuff and is instantly likeable’.”
- Kyri is recognized in the 2015 Super Lawyers UK directory for Energy & Natural Resources
- Legal 500 2013 says that the “team, under Kyri Evagora, is ‘first class’ and ‘in tune with the industry’, with ‘truly vast quality and breadth of expertise’.”
- Chambers & Partners 2013 described Kyri as “dynamic”, “blindingly good”, and “hugely customer-focused, friendly and, responsive and very commercial” – he was also ranked for Energy & Natural Resources in the inaugural publication of the Super Lawyers UK directory
- Chambers & Partners 2012 published that Kyri “promises the world to clients and delivers it”, and that “his expertise lies in management, relying upon his dynamism to ensure client satisfaction and the desired outcome”
- Chambers & Partners 2011 described Kyri as having “brilliant knowledge and capability” and “a strong client base among commodity traders and has expertise in oil and petroleum products”
- Legal 500 2011 stated that he was “pretty much the best in commodity trading” and “stands out in the team”
- In 2011 The Lawyer referred to Kyri as “…one of Reed Smith’s most prominent business builders”
- Chambers & Partners 2010 described him as “effective, enthusiastic and energetic” and “held in high regard for his ability to work shoulder to shoulder with his clients”
- Legal 500 2010 stated that he is “magnificent in commodities litigation”
Kyri's specialisation in advising companies that trade, finance and transport commodities – with experience covering the related disciplines of trading, sale of goods, trade finance, shipping and insurance – makes him one of the most sought-after lawyers in the energy and natural resources sector.
He serves as a member of a number of industry bodies and most notably as a member of the European Committee of the International Energy Credit Association.
Reed Smith’s Energy & Natural Resources Group is a cross-border, multi-disciplinary team comprising over 200 lawyers. The group provides comprehensive advice to clients on all legal aspects affecting the energy and natural resources sector.