In her role, Samantha manages and defends a significant portfolio of litigation in state and federal courts nationwide. Samantha typically defends claims involving allegations of negligence, fraud, breach of contract, misrepresentation, quiet title, and statutory violations including Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and Equal Credit Opportunity Act. Her work includes all phases of litigation from drafting pleadings, discovery, dispositive and pre-trial motions, to preparing for and trial of cases. Samantha has also served as a member of numerous class action defense teams at the firm.
Samantha’s clients receive the highest level of service and attention, thereby encouraging a cooperative and collaborative relationship to resolve pending matters in the most expedient and cost-effective manner.
Samantha’s in-depth litigation experience includes:
- Preparation of expert and fact witnesses and exhibits for trial
- Drafting pre-trial statements, position statements, jury instructions, and verdict forms
- Taking and defending depositions
- Drafting and arguing dispositive motions
- Drafting discovery requests and responses to discovery requests
- Communicating with senior executive management on status of litigation and case strategy
- Engaging in direct settlement negotiations with opposing counsel
- Supervising and training junior attorneys to ensure effective case and client management.
Samantha is also responsible for the development and presentation of trainings to staff attorneys on a wide array of topics to ensure that all clients serviced by the staff attorney team receive uniform, high quality work.
In addition, Samantha is committed to various pro bono initiatives at Reed Smith. Since she began at Reed Smith, Samantha has routinely finalized adoptions of children placed in foster care through Allegheny County Children, Youth, and Families. She has also worked with the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund to assist clients in legally changing their names. Samantha is a member of Reed Smith’s Asian American Business Inclusion Group.