Beth provides support to the Business & Finance and Litigation Departments - concentrating in credit card accounts, mortgages and other consumer financial products litigation involving claims under TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, FDCPA, TCPA, CFPB regulations, California HBOR, forfeitures, eminent domain and consumer protection laws in multiple jurisdictions. Beth is responsible for management of cases from inception to resolution, including drafting pre-trial pleadings, discovery and dispositive motions. Beth has represented clients in arbitration of claims before the American Arbitration Association and JAMS (formerly known as Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services). She also negotiates settlement and creative resolutions such as loan modifications. Beth rigorously defends cases, works with clients to meet their needs and expectations and resolves cases as efficiently as possible. Beth also assists with due diligence reviews for various clients.
Beth served for two years on secondment to a Fortune 25 financial services client as in-house counsel, and in that capacity, she managed a large portfolio of litigated matters from inception through resolution. This entailed developing legal strategy, directing outside counsel, interfacing with numerous client decision-makers, and adhering to applicable legal mandates and company policies. This valuable experience gives her the perspective of in-house counsel and assists her providing client service.
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, 2002, MPA (Masters of Public Administration)
- Louisiana State University Law Center, 1984, 法学博士
- University of Louisiana at Monroe, 1980, 学士, Legal Studies, cum laude
- All State Courts - Pennsylvania
- All State Courts - Louisiana
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association – Member (since 1985)
Inclusions Group Membership
- D&I Inclusion Group—Hispanic/Latino
- Honorable John A. Patin, Chief Judge, 14th Judicial District Court - Calcasieu Parish, Lake Charles, Louisiana
Civic and Charitable Affiliations
- Society for Preservation of Duquesne Heights Incline – Board of Directors (2008-present); Secretary; Executive Committee; Audit and Compliance Committee