Kathy is a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Health Industry Group, practicing in the area of product liability litigation. Her practice focuses on defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort and multi-district litigations in state and federal court. Kathy is also part of the Records & E-Discovery practice group and serves in a leadership capacity within Reed Smith’s Veterans Business Inclusion Group. She also maintains an active pro bono practice representing veterans through the Lawyers Serving Warriors pro bono program and representing unaccompanied children through Kids In Need of Defense.
Prior to joining Reed Smith, Kathy served as a Prosecutor for several years. At the Prosecutor’s Office, Kathy tried numerous bench and jury trials involving homicides, sexual assaults, and weapons offenses, among others. She has extensive experience arguing motions before the court and receiving favorable outcomes. Prior to the Prosecutor’s Office, Kathy was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Wendel E. Daniels, Presiding Judge of the Criminal Part in Ocean County, Superior Court of New Jersey.
- Rutgers School of Law, Newark, 2012, 法学博士, Managing Editor, Rutgers Race and the Law Review, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Scholar, Pro Bono Service Award
- Florida International University, 2009, 学士, Psychology, Certificate in Law, Ethics, and Society
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- Supreme Court Committee on Jury Selection in Civil and Criminal Trials (2018-2020 & 2020-2022 terms)
- Caribbean Baseball Academy, Board of Directors
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey, Finance Director
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Region III Deputy President
- Rutgers Alumnae Women’s Professional Network, Secretary
- Honorable Wendel E. Daniels, Superior Court - New Jersey