Rafael is Counsel in Reed Smith’s Business & Finance practice and a member of the Real Estate Group. Rafael focuses his practice on real estate finance transactions, acquisitions and dispositions of commercial real estate, and real estate joint ventures. His experience includes representing borrowers and lenders in negotiating mortgage and mezzanine loans (including negotiating intercreditor agreements and co-lender agreements). He also advises purchasers and sellers on the acquisition and disposition of hotel, office, and retail properties. In addition, he represents clients in connection with the structuring and negotiating of joint venture arrangements for the ownership of commercial real estate properties. He has represented clients in transactions throughout the United States, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
- Cornell Law School, 2008, 法学博士
- Georgetown University, 2005, 理学学士, Foreign Service
- U.S. Court of Appeals - First Circuit
- U.S. District Court - District of Puerto Rico
- 联邦地区法院 – 纽约南部地区
- Honorable Gustavo A. Gelpi, U.S. District Court - District of Puerto Rico, 1 September 2008 to 1 September 2009