John practices in areas of environmental, land use, construction and commercial law, and deals extensively with public, administrative and regulatory agencies on behalf of clients in responding to bids and requests for proposals, bid protests, contract negotiation, permitting and entitlement matters, as well as related litigation. John has trial experience in various matters, including matters under the California Environmental Quality Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, commercial real estate, property contamination and contract matters, and eminent domain actions, and has also tried cases for the Alameda County District Attorney as part of the firm's pro bono program. John also has extensive experience in all aspects of the fuel pipeline industry as well as the solid waste and recycling industry. In addition to litigation, John regularly appears before legislative and administrative bodies.
- 加州大学黑斯廷斯分校, 1991, 法学博士, cum laude, Order of the Coif and Thurston Society member
- 加州大学伯克利分校, 1974, 学士
- Appointed to the City of Orinda Planning Commission
- Oakland Chamber of Commerce, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- East Bay Leadership Foundation, Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Former co-chair of the Bench/Bar Media Committee of the Alameda County Bar Association
- Listed as a Northern California Super Lawyer, 2006, 2015, 2016, 2017