Jay has been litigating complex banking, employment and general commercial litigation matters for nearly 20 years. He has first chair jury and non-jury trial experience in the state and federal courts on behalf of large institutional clients.
Jay focuses on complex banking litigation; including class actions, disputes relating to general retail bank operations, wire and check processing claims, creditor rights, UCC Art. III and IV claims, Fair Credit Billing Act, real estate litigation, mortgage fraud and title insurance disputes, fraudulent transfer act litigation, and commercial loan enforcement, workouts and foreclosures. His complex commercial litigation experience includes contract disputes; deceptive and unfair trade practices claims, right of publicity actions; defamation, civil theft, fraud, civil RICO and all other business torts; IP litigation, eminent domain and inverse condemnation, and the defense of accessibility discrimination claims under Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- 埃默里大学法学院, 2000, 法学博士
- University of Tennessee, 1990, 学士
- U.S. District Court - Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Eleventh Circuit
- District Court for the District of Columbia
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, 2014-2016
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top "Up & Comer," 2009, 2010, 2012-2013
- Florida Trend, Top "Up & Comer," 2007
- Florida Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2009