The Third Circuit Bar Association, along with the Federal Practice Committee of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, is pleased to present this CLE seminar.
Join us for a two-hour CLE in which we explore common ways good trial lawyers discover—to their chagrin—that they've waived some of their best arguments on appeal. This CLE is designed for federal court practitioners who do not appear regularly before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and for more experienced appellate lawyers as well. The panel will engage in a lively discussion about how and when a litigant must preserve issues and arguments in the district court, and several judges will be on hand to offer practical tips and advice. Learn how to avoid being pulled under by the waives!
- Hon. D. Michael Fisher, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Hon. Thomas M. Hardiman, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Hon. Donetta W. Ambrose, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Robert Byer, Partner, Head of Appellate Division, Duane Morris, LLP
- Donna Doblick, Partner, Reed Smith LLP's Appellate Group
CLE: Presumptively approved for 2.0 CLE credit for Pennsylvania (substantive)
- Registration – 2:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- Program – 2:30 to 4:45 p.m., followed by a one-hour reception
Registration Fee: $40 fee includes CLE and reception. We’re sorry, but payment cannot be accepted at the door.
RSVP: By no later than August 18
For more information and to register, download the .PDF invitation below.