This event was one of a series of seminars and academic debates held during the week across Paris, bringing together thought leaders in international arbitration to address a wide array of topics and important developments in the field of international arbitration.
Our star-studded panel of guest speakers and Reed Smith global presenters discussed the value and efficiency of dispositive motions – covering the good, the bad, and the ugly – and looking at sample case studies that may or may not benefit from dispositive motions. The discussion also examined the ongoing debate on whether dispositive motions could violate the New York Convention’s presentment clause.
- Patrick Baeten - chief legal officer M&A – Engie
- Stefan Brocker - partner, Mannheimer Swartling
- Felix Dasser - president of the Swiss Arbitration Association
- Harriet O'Neill - retired associate justice of the Supreme Court of Texas
- Edna Sussman - arbitrator, mediator