We also have a scheme for First Year Law students, second year non-law students and those in the second year of a four year course. This is a three-day programme of workshops, shadowing and networking at our offices in London. Following this, we will pair you with a mentor at the firm who will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about life at Reed Smith. Graduate Recruitment will also be staying in touch to let you know about applications for upcoming schemes.
This is part of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion mission.
Who is eligible?
This scheme is open to students from groups underrepresented in law. This includes students who are:
- Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic; and/or
- educated in a state school non-selective comprehensive; and/or
- a refugee; and/or
- from a low-income household; and/or
- were eligible for free school meals from a state school non-selective comprehensive; and/or
- have spent more than 3 months in local authority care; and/or
- disabled and/or who have and long-term health conditions; and/or
- identify as LGBTQ+.
What does the scheme include?
This is a paid scheme, which will include:
- A three-day insight programme, held in-person during summer 2024
- Workshops and case study sessions
- The opportunity to be fast tracked through the Vacation Scheme application process in 2024/25
Applications are open now – the deadline to apply is 12th February 2024.
We will be running a number of open days throughout 2023, these are a great opportunity to get to know us and find out if you are a good fit for the firm. This year we will be hosting an in-person open day as well as a virtual open day so we can reach as many of you as possible.
Each year we attend a number of events at Universities as well as through partners including Legal Cheek, All About Law, Bright Network, LawCareers.net and Aspiring Solicitors. Further details on where to meet us will be added here.