The rankings reflect these Chicago-based lawyers’ successes in matters involving insurance coverage, estate and probate, business litigation, intellectual property and health care.
The following lawyers, listed with their roles and practice areas (as defined by Super Lawyers), appear on the 2023 Illinois Super Lawyers list.
- Michael LoVallo, partner, Estate & Probate
- Rachael Pontikes, partner, Business Litigation
- Carolyn Rosenberg, partner, Insurance Coverage
- John Shugrue, partner, Insurance Coverage
- John Vishneski Ill, partner, Insurance Coverage
The Super Lawyers list represents no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state.
Here are the five Reed Smith lawyers on the 2023 Illinois Rising Stars list, two of whom appear for the first time.
- David Cummings, partner, Insurance Coverage
- Arna Gyimah, associate, Health Care (new)
- Daniel Kirby, associate, Business Litigation (new)
- Donielle Robinson, associate, Intellectual Property
- Nicholas Zausch, associate, Estate & Probate
Super Lawyers recognizes lawyers who have distinguished themselves in their legal practice, and it says its rankings offer third-party validation of lawyers’ professional achievements. To be selected as a Rising Star, lawyers must either be 40 years old or younger, or in practice for 10 years or fewer. Visit the Super Lawyers website to learn more about its selection process.