The labor and employment legal landscape is changing rapidly as key decisions are handed down and legal and cultural shifts are opening the door to new workplace laws, regulations and issues.
Event Type: Seminar, CLE / CPD
- Start Date/Time:
- 26 September 2018, 8:30 AM CDT
- End Date/Time:
- 26 September 2018, 11:30 AM CDT
- Event Materials:
- Click here to register for this seminar.
Our interactive discussion with panelists working on the front lines of these issues will cover:
- The impact of legalized and medical marijuana in the workplace. A nationwide overview will be provided as well a discussion of the current legal landscape in Illinois. We will offer strategies on how companies can handle issues like drug testing and workplace injuries.
- Managing the uptick of employees disclosing and requesting accommodations for mental health issues. Laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family and Medical Leave Act will be addressed, as well as potential accommodations and practical tips for HR professionals.
Who should attend?
- Labor and employment and other in-house counsel
- Human resources professionals
- Managers handling employment, labor or benefits issues
- Benefits counsel
This program is presumptively approved for 2.0 hours general CLE credit in California, Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania and Texas. The program is also pending approval for 2.0 hours HRCI credit.