Stephen is a partner in the Entertainment and Media Industry Group. He is an expert in copyright and broadcasting law, handling both rights-related and other commercial transactions as well as regulatory work for clients ranging from start-up ventures to many of the media industries' household names. He also has experience in dealing with the creation of UK and EU legislation in the copyright and regulatory fields, most recently the Digital Economy Act 2017.
- University of Cambridge, M.A.
- University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, B.A.
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Media & Entertainment: Film & Television, 2020
- Listed in the Hall of Fame and as a Leading Lawyer in The Legal 500 UK for Media & entertainment: Broadcasting and digital carriage, 2020
- Selected through peer review for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in the United Kingdom for Media & Entertainment Law, 2009-2020