Michael has been a member of Reed Smith’s State Tax Group since 2013. He currently focuses his practice on Pennsylvania, Virginia, and New Jersey taxes, and unclaimed property. He represents clients in state tax return position evaluation, audit defense, administrative appeals, and litigation.
- 9 February 2018 "New Jersey Qui Tam Award Taxable, Ineligible for Attorney Fees Deduction" Tax Notes
- 26 December 2017 "Pennsylvania Court Ruling Could Save Company Tax Avoidance Penalties" Tax Notes
- 4 December 2017 "Corporation's Foreign-Source Income Not Subject to State Tax, New Jersey Tax Court Says" Tax Notes
- 31 August 2017 "Va. Top Court Reverses Tax Decision Against Kohl's" Law 360
- 8 August 2017 "Online Research Services Taxable in Pennsylvania, More Next?" Bloomberg BNA
- 5 October 2016 "Unclaimed Property Rules at Stake in High Court Fight" Law360
- 11 July 2016 "MoneyGram Asks Supreme Court to Hear Unclaimed Property Case" Bloomberg BNA
- 10 June 2016 "23 States Ask U.S. Supreme Court to Hear Dispute with Delaware Over MoneyGram Checks" Bloomberg BNA
- 15 February 2016 "Virginia Says Addback Exception Applies Only to Royalties Taxed in Other States" Tax Analysts
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2013, J.D.,
Research Editor of the Temple Law Review
Awarded Best Paper in Taxation, Corporate Tax, International Tax, Property, and Banking & Financial Regulation
- University of Pennsylvania, 2008, B.A.