Laura-May is counsel in the Global Commercial Disputes Group. Laura-May has worked on a range of commercial disputes advising global companies on claims at the pre-action stage, up to trial. She has experience acting for claimants and defendants and has worked on cases before the Court of Appeal and the High Court.
Laura-May is also a member of Reed Smith’s Global Regulatory Enforcement Group. Laura-May’s practice focuses on financial services regulatory enforcement and related litigation. Her experience includes representing financial institutions and individuals in contentious regulatory proceedings commenced by the Financial Conduct Authority and other regulators, including the European Commission and the UK Competition and Markets Authority. Laura-May has also prepared individuals for appearance in public inquiries.
- Queen Mary, University of London, 2011, First Class Honours
- BPP Law School, 2012, LPC, Distinction
- Angleterre et Pays de Galles
- Ranked in Chambers UK for UK-wide Insurance: Mainly Policyholders, 2021-2022
- Listed as a Rising Star in The Legal 500 UK for Insurance litigation: for policyholders, 2020-2022