Melissa handles a broad range of employment matters for the firm and its legal professionals throughout the United States.
She is a Reed Smith veteran, commencing her employment as an associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment Group in 2016. In that capacity, she regularly defended employment claims in state and federal court and counseled employers on the ever-changing landscape of employment laws. Melissa also cultivated an expertise in marijuana legalization and its employment implications. After welcoming her first of two babies during the pandemic, she transitioned to contract work and rejoined the firm in 2022 in her current role.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, 2012, J.D., Chancellor Scholarship and Best Oral Advocate – Appellant, Appellate Advocacy Course
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 2005, M.A., Labor & Employment Relations
- American University, 2004, B.A., Print Journalism & Communications, Law, Economics, & Government, University Honors Program
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Animal Adoption Center, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Honorable Georgia M. Curio, Superior Court - New Jersey, 1 August 2012 to 1 August 2013
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers' Rising Stars list for Employment & Labor, 2017-2022. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at superlawyers.com. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Samuel G. DeSimone Mediation Award
- October 2014 "And Justice for All" SJ Magazine