David is a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Health Industry Group, where he focuses his practice on compounding pharmacy regulation and litigation, as well as corporate transactions involving such companies. Prior to joining Reed Smith, David worked as an Assistant Corporation Counsel in the City of Chicago’s Department of Law. Most recently, David defended the City of Chicago and its employees in police misconduct cases in federal and state courts as part of the Federal Civil Rights Litigation Division. In this role, he gained significant experience in all aspects of complex litigation, having taken and defended dozens of depositions, participated in robust motions practice, and tried five cases to jury verdict.
- George Mason University School of Law, 2012, J.D., magna cum laude; Senior Notes Editor – George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal; Writing Fellow
- Haverford College, 2008, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court - Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- Chicago Bar Association
- Legal Prep Charter Academy, Associate Board Member
- Honorable Thomas R. Allen, Circuit Court of Cook County, Chancery Division