Reed Smith has “a wealth of experience in international arbitration/litigation in the Middle East across all major sectors” and the team is “always alive to the commercial objectives of the client and go out of their way to develop the best strategies in order to achieve them” (The Legal 500 EMEA – UAE 2021).
With over 40 years of experience in the UAE, we bring extensive knowledge gained from working on high profile, complex multimillion-dollar disputes across the region. We represent clients in cases under the rules of a wide range of international arbitration forums, including ADCCAC, DIAC, LCIA, ICC and UNCITRAL, as well as in ad hoc arbitration proceedings in both the UAE and wider Middle East region and in arbitration-related litigation before the courts of Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the DIFC. Our lawyers are advocates, which enables us to offer a “one-stop shop” from start to end of any arbitration, without the need to involve outside counsel. Our strong advocacy experience covers both procedural and substantive hearings and is a true differentiator in our offering.
Clients and legal directories commend our forward-looking approach. The team was shortlisted for Arbitration Team of the Year in Law.com International’s Middle East Legal Awards 2022 and was declared UAE Construction Law Firm of the Year at the Chambers Middle East Awards 2022.
Our team is described as:
- “They are always alive to the commercial objectives of the client, and go out of their way to develop the best strategies in order to achieve them.” The Legal 500 EMEA – UAE 2021
- “Outstanding …with unrivalled experience of arbitration and international litigation in general” The Legal 500 EMEA – UAE 2020
- A “dynamic and forward-looking practice, which is superb at providing clients with advice which reflects their practical and commercial objectives. The ethos is hands on, down to earth and practical.” The Legal 500 EMEA – UAE 2020
- “They have considerable knowledge and experience of the local laws of all the states in the region, and are very experienced at working with co-counsel in cases which require input from local or foreign lawyers.” The Legal 500 EMEA – UAE 2021
- “The lawyers are very bright and extremely hard-working, and always willing to do everything which is required in order to achieve the very best possible results. They are an absolute pleasure to work with.” The Legal 500 EMEA – UAE 2021