Event Type: Seminar
- Location Name:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel, 2 Poydras Street, New Orleans LA 70130
- Start Date/Time:
- 25 February 2015
- End Date/Time:
- 25 February 2015
This year’s conference promises to be an exciting and informative meeting where some of the leading in-house and outside lawyers for the long term care industry will be presenting on legal, compliance, and operational issues faced by providers. This year’s workshop sessions are focused on cutting edge issues that are front and center within the post-acute continuum and include fraud and abuse, regulatory compliance, HIPAA breaches, labor and employment issues, telehealth, admission agreements, and transactions within long term care. We will again have an individual educational track for nursing facility, assisted living and home health attorneys and providers. Specifically for in-house lawyers, we will have both an assisted living and a skilled nursing facility roundtable session, reserved only for corporate counsel. The Planning Committee has worked hard this year to keep the AHLA Long Term Care and the Law program as one of the premier programs addressing the legal issues of post-acute and senior housing.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
9:40 - 10:40 a.m.
1:00 - 2:00 p.m.
Session: Post-Acute Providers Involvement in Integrated Care Models: ACOs, Bundled Payments, and Clinical Integration (NF/AL/HH)
Presenters: Susan A. Edwards and Barry A. Lazarus
- New payment models involving post-acute providers
- Operational and legal challenges associated with the proliferation of new payment models in Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance programs in addition to clinically integrated networks formed by hospitals and health systems
- Post-acute care providers’ role in the Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) Initiative, accountable care organizations (ACOs), and the ways in which post-acute providers are working with health systems and hospitals in clinically integrated networks
- Likely future of these models, and in particular, bundled payments
To register or for more information, please visit AHLA at www.healthlawyers.org.