Event Type: Webinar
Addressing Cybersecurity and Information Governance in the Merger & Acquisition Arena
May 6, 2015 (11:00 a.m. ET// 4:00 p.m. GMT)
The regulators and the markets are expecting these businesses to understand the risks and ramifications of cyber breach to their operations and customers. The M&A purchaser’s challenge of assessing cyber risk is compounded because those risks are often not fully understood by the M&A seller and the target company. Thoughtful due diligence is crucial– and increasingly deal documents are specifically addressing cybersecurity issues.
In this session, we have an industry-leading team of M&A and information governance lawyers to lead a discussion of cybersecurity in the financial services M&A arena.
The panel will address:
- Recent legal developments in cybersecurity
- Recent and notable cyber breaches
- Assessing and managing cyber breach in the M&A process
- Due diligence considerations
- Definitive documentation considerations
- Challenges and risks (including cybersecurity risks) associated with post-closing integration of legacy technology and information governance systems. Developments in cyber breach insurance
Who should attend:
Legal counsel, compliance officers, risk managers / strategic planning personnel of banks and investment advisers are encouraged to attend.