Event Type: Webinar
The CFPB's Mortgage Servicing Transfers Guidance: A 2015 Perspective
In August 2014, the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (CFPB) issued a Bulletin to provide advice on compliance and policy for residential mortgage servicers and sub-servicers. The bulletin warns mortgage companies about their legal obligation to protect consumers throughout loan transfers between mortgage servicers.
CFPB examinations will include reviews of compliance with the new servicing rule. Among other things, the rule requires servicers to maintain policies and procedures that are reasonably designed to achieve the objectives of facilitating the transfer of information during the mortgage servicing transfer.
In a two hour, live webcast, a panel of thought leaders and practitioners assembled by The Knowledge Group will review past regulations and discuss the latest CFPB Mortgage Servicing Transfers Guidance.
Key topics include:
- Overview and Introduction
- The CFPB Mortgage Servicing Rules and Guidance
- Issues in Drafting Servicing Sale Agreements to insure continuance compliance and risk avoidance
- Specific Issues raised by CFPB Enforcement Actions
- Implementation and Industry best practices related to Mortgage Servicing Transfers to facilitate Compliance with CFPB/Regulatory Rules
Course Fee: Registration is FREE courtesy of Reed Smith.
Note: CLE/CPE/CE credit (a minimal Certificate of Attendance processing fee of $49 per participant (normally paid by the attendee) if credit is needed to apply to the bar.
Please note, complimentary passes are available for the first 30 registrants. Once all of the passes are used, attendees can register for the deeply discounted rate of $25 each courtesy of Reed Smith.
To register, please click here.