Event Type: Seminar
Legal and compliance professionals, and senior-level CFTC officials will convene in Washington to discuss the regulation of futures, derivatives and OTC products. This conference, hosted by the FIA Law & Compliance Division, delivers tailored session topics, professional development opportunities and ample networking activities.
Reed Smith counsel, Kari Larsen, participated in a panel on day 3 of the conference.
Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 10:30 AM
Session 18. What's on the Horizon - Both New and Notable
Salon 3, Lobby Level
This panel will explore some of the newer products, such as bitcoin exchange, FX non-deliverable forwards, the changing regulatory landscape in China and some of the recent actions by Canadian regulators with respect to market access and hedger exemptions.
Melissa Andrews, Managing Director, General Counsel, R.J. O’Brien & Associates
- Kari Larsen, General Counsel & Chief Regulatory Officer, LedgerX
- Greg Kuserk, Deputy Director, Product Review Branch, Division of Market Oversight, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Steven Lofchie, Partner & Co-Chairman, Financial Services Department, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft
- Robert Paul, Consultant, Legal Department, HSBC Securities
- Joseph Pucci, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, Nanhua USA