Event Type: Seminar
- Location Name:
- Reed Smith Washington, D.C. Office , 1301 K Street, NW, East Tower, Suite 1000, Washington D.C. 20005
- Start Date/Time:
- 17 December 2015, 1:00 AM BIT
- End Date/Time:
- 17 December 2015, 5:30 AM BIT
The FIIS WG provides the financial services industry, the U.S. Government (USG) community, and other relevant parties with a forum to informally discuss relevant Financial Intelligence (FININT) topics, including protection of critical financial infrastructure, prevention of fraud, and obstruction of terror finance and money laundering. In cooperation with the American Bar Association’s International Anti-Money Laundering Committee, we are pleased to present this slate of speakers and topics. The diversity of issues reflects the array of potential threats and vulnerabilities associated with abuses of financial and commercial systems.
The FIIS WG began in 2010 as a public-private partnerships pilot project out of the USG; grew into a free-standing, member-supported community; and is now an element of the American Security Project. Members include 100s of representatives of both public and private-sector entities, including regulatory, intelligence, defense, and law enforcement agencies; financial institutions; think tanks; consultancies; and academia.
- SSA Hadley Etienne, FBI, Washington Field Office, “Trends in Cyber-Financial Crime”
- Mr. Lester M. Joseph (SVP, Manager) and Ms. Kelley Chamberlain (Financial Crimes Consultant), Global Financial Crimes Intelligence Group, Wells Fargo & Company, "Business Email Compromise"
- Ms. Kathleen A. Nandan, Counsel, Reed Smith LLP “FinCEN Enforcement Trends”
- Mr. Michael Lowell, Esq., Partner, Reed Smith LLP "U.S. Sanctions Enforcement Trends / Lessons Learned From Enforcement During 2015."
- Ms. Stephanie Cripps, Senior Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer US LLP, “Compliance Risks And Challenges As Sanctions Are Lifted”
- Ms. Susan Lea Smith, Senior Counsel, AML Compliance, Western Union, "Foreign Terrorist Fighter Typology"
- Ms. Ximena Castro, Threat Intelligence Analyst, Strategic Intelligence Analysis Group, Citigroup, “Citi’s Analyst Career Path”
- Ms. Lesley Rockwell, Co-Chair of the FIIS WG
- Ms. Danielle Camner Lindholm, Co-Chair of the FIIS WG and the ABA Natl Security Committee; Immediate Past Co-Chair of the ABA Intl AML Committee
$25 - Section of International Law and Co-Sponsoring Organization Members
$35 - Non-Members
In-person attendance by government employees is FREE - please email Danielle Lindholm at email@example.com to register.