Event Type: CLE / CPD
- Location Name:
- Reed Smith Centre, 225 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15222
- Start Date/Time:
- 11 February 2016, 12:00 PM ET
- End Date/Time:
- 11 February 2016, 1:00 PM ET
Defensibly Downsizing Your Data: Where to Start with Records Retention and Defensible Deletion
Companies are buried in gargantuan amounts of records and information and those amounts are growing at uncontrollable rates. Soaring e-discovery costs, legal and compliance risks and the high price tag for IT to store, manage and search through massive amounts of information have propelled records retention from the back burner to a red-hot issue for both legal and IT. This session will cover:
- Evaluating the legal and business issues caused by retaining too much information
- Best practices for developing a retention policy for all records and information
- Clean up the mess and developing an ongoing strategy for new data
- Identifying and addressing the legal and business risks of cleaning up the mess
- Overcoming the cultural challenges
Please join Reed Smith partner Dave Cohen and Robert Fowler with Jordan Lawrence for this informative seminar.
For more information or to register, contact the event coordinator.